Reins and Trains
Step back in time to some old fashion modes of transportation. Take the Heber Creeper train ride through Heber Valley and watch out for Black Jack Raven and his Soldier Hollow Gang. These Outlaws have been known to hold up the train and take hostages. If your one of the unlucky (lucky) ones, you will be taken hostage and forced to saddle up for a horseback ride across the mountain side of the Soldier Hollow area. Enjoy some great sites overlooking Deer Creek Reservoir and Mount Timpanogus. After riding horses enjoy lunch as you wait the return of the Heber Creeper. Once you've loaded the train you can tell your story of being kidnapped. Don't tell anyone that being taken hostage could be so fun. Horse Drawn Wagon Rides for large groups and for families with youngsters are also available so no one has to miss out on the adventure.
Rides depart from the Train Depot in Heber City at 10:30 am.
450 South 600 West Heber City, Utah 84032
Package.................................$89 per person. (Group Discounts available)
*Reins ‘n Trains is only appropriate for riders 8 years and older.
*Price includes a gourmet boxed lunch of your choice (Ham, Roast Beef, Turkey, or Vegetarian).
**Gluten Free Salad Wraps are also available.
Keep a look out for Black Jack Raven and the Soldier Hollow Gang; they may be lurking in the trees awaiting your arrival.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW
- Reins and Trains Packages are offered on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays
- Please arrive 45 minutes prior to departure.
- Rail cars are not climate controlled we recommend you dress accordingly.
- Our full-service snack car offers food and beverage for purchase throughout the ride.
- Outside food and beverages are not allowed.
- Car seats and strollers are not allowed on train.
- Restrooms are available on the train.
- Due to the historic nature of our rail cars, wheelchair access is limited. Please call ahead for additional information.
- We are unable to accommodate dogs on the train.
- All rides and adventures depart from the Heber depot unless noted otherwise.
- Please let the ticket agent know that you have purchased the Reins & Trains package. The folks at the train station need to know that there will be folks to kidnap during the train robery.